[WEB4LIB] Fortres, Folderguard, Foolproof ?

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:55:59 EDT 1999

Hanan,

It sounds like many of us - even myself - are more
restrictive with the public PCs than you want to be.

Other folks can do a far better job of filling you
in on the strengths and weaknesses of desktop security
programs.  I'll just toot this horn:

Look into PCRdist or Ghost or any of the other packages
that specialize in restoring hard disk contents.  After
a PC gets messed up, it can be automatically restored to
it's standard configuration - based on comparison to a
master hard disk "image" stored on a server.

Kyle Harriss		      voice: (218) 726-6546
UMD Library		      email: kharriss at d.umn.edu
10 University Drive
Duluth,  MN  55812