Typing Papers on Library Computers

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Thu Apr 15 12:15:03 EDT 1999

Cross posting to LIBNT also.

Presently our library (a community college library) does not allow typing of papers.  Students can type papers in the Main Computer Lab, as well as
a number of Subject (Math, Composition, etc.) labs.  We came to this decision because 1) when we had an area for typing papers, it took a lot
of circ staff time and effort to try to answer student questions.  2) the college provides other areas  for students to do this.  3)  we feel that at paper
time the computers would be used by typers thus not allowing other activates.

We are revisiting this issue (one of those you come back to again and again) and were wondering what the policies of other libraries might be in this
regard.

You can reply off list to the address in the signature below.

Thanking all in advance,

John

John H. Rosenhamer
Technical Services Librarian