[WEB4LIB] Re: Future of HTML

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Wed Apr 14 20:37:48 EDT 1999

>I would hope the latter.  The version 3 browsers are _several_ years old,

Several?

>don't support current [web] standards (as mentioned previously), and lack
>features (IMAP4 support, newsreaders that don't suck etc).  I'm sure someone
>will raise the (tired old) point that "NS3.x is so much faster".  Faster than

Tired but often valid.  Here at our setup, with IKIOSK and WinU, NS3 has a
very very noticeable difference in speed to NS4 or IE4.  Noticeable.  That
and it takes up less resources (which if we weren't so cash strapped
wouldn't be a problem, but >sigh< unfortunately I only recently got memory
upgrades for them).

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University  <www.latech.edu/tech/library/>