Problems with MSIE 4.01

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Mon Apr 12 08:58:12 EDT 1999

Dear Web4libbers,

I am experiencing some problems with MSIE 4.01 SP1. Sometimes, it seems that the background of a site covers parts of the text, links, img., etc. I have to scroll up and down the screen to make the site correctly displayed.

This problem is quite disturbing in the case of web design, as I cannot understand if it depends from a bad HTML code or not (it seems not, because the problem appears on many site I visit), but also in navigation because in some cases is not possible to read an entire line of text or visualize an entire icon.

Any suggestion?

Thanks very much
Francesco Giacanelli

Francesco Giacanelli
Biblioteca Italiana per i Ciechi - Centro di Documentazione Tiflologica
(Italian Library for the Blind - Documentation Center on Blindness)
Via della Fontanella di Borghese, 23 - 00186 Roma, Italy
Tel.: +39 06 68219820
Fax: +39 06 68136227
e-mail: cdtinfo at uiciechi.it
private e-mail: md1251 at mclink.it