Web sites for library staff

Michael Engle moe1 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 6 15:27:57 EDT 1999

Dear Web4Libers,

I am a member of the committee beginning a review and redesign of the staff
Web site for the Cornell University Library.  I am interested looking at
staff Web sites in other large libraries.  We currently provide access to
library policies pertaining to staff members; minutes of the multitude of
library committees, training opportunities; various staff manuals; and the
plans, papers, reports, and statistics generated by library staff.  The
entire content is freely available on the Web to all comers at this time at
http://www.library.cornell.edu/staffweb/ .

Here are my questions:

1) Is there a Web site that has collected links to the staff Web pages of
libraries?

2) What security arrangements or access restrictions do other libraries add
to their staff Web sites and why?  (We have no sensitive personnel
information on our site.)

3) If there is no Web site with links to other library staff Web sites,
may I get access to yours?

Feel free to direct your responses to me off list, if you prefer, and I
will summarize them for group consumption.

TIA,

Michael

Michael O. Engle                moe1 at cornell.edu
Electronic Text Librarian