[WEB4LIB] Re: Meaning of ISWN

Mike Mitchell mdm at nbpl.lib.tx.us
Tue Apr 6 14:37:26 EDT 1999

Someone wrote:
>>   Can anyone tell what the following acronym/initialism means
>>
>>                                  ISWN
>>
>>  It is apparantly a digital identifier that will dicussed at the forthcoming
>>LITA Forum.

Possibly ISWN stands for ISWorld Net <http://www.isworld.org/isworld.html>
whose mission statement says:

"We will provide information management scholars and practitioners with a
single entry point to resources related to information systems technology
and promote the development of an international information infrastructure
that will dramatically improve the world's ability to use information
systems for creating, disseminating, and applying knowledge. Our vision has
been sharpened by several metaphors which are accessible."

Mike Mitchell
Tech Services Librarian/System Administrator
Dittlinger Memorial Library
New Braunfels, TX
mdm at nbpl.lib.tx.us