[WEB4LIB] Re: Library Web site ROI

thom thom at indiana.edu
Mon Sep 28 12:09:00 EDT 1998

I've lightly followed the ROI discussion about non-profits and think it
might be interesting if some folks from the west coast got the folks from
The Data Center, (Oakland, CA) involved in this discussion. I worked at
the Data Center years ago for a short period of time and always considered
it one of the most interesting non-profit libraries I have ever seen. It
is a cooperative which is non-profit but has made enough profit to stay in
non-profit business for over 20 years. An unescapable fact of life in
America is that for a non-profit to stay in business it has to make a
small profit which often means evaluation of some form for additional
services.

--Thom

 \\\\////                tHoM gIllEsPiE
 /ww  ww\    Indiana University	       thom at indiana.edu
6 (*][*) ?   Dept of Telecom 346       812-855-3254 (v)
 \  .7  /    Bloomington, In. 47406    812-855-7955 (f)
  ( --')       www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/resume/page.html
   WWWW      MIME: Masters in Immersive Mediated Environments
  / WW \       www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/dmd/immersion.html