Blank Spaces in URL Queries

Pasicznyuk, Bob BPasicznyuk at mail.ppld.org
Fri Sep 11 16:46:50 EDT 1998

I'm creating a database accessible via the web.  I can used 2 tools to
submit queries: (1) A form, or (2) A URL.  I've no problem using the
form method.  If I use the URL option in a query with blank space
(example: <a href = "program.asp?location=penrose library">Link</a>)

The program only searches the term "penrose" in Netscape.  Internet
Explorer searches the phrase with no problem.  If I insert a %20 for the
blank space (<a href =
"program.asp?location=penrose%20library">Link</a>), Netscape does just
fine.

I used to use a PERL substitution line to insert the %20 in place of the
blank space -> $queryurl =~ s/\s+/%20/g;

I'm now creating pages using Microsoft's Visual Interdev and vbscript.
I can't find a substition method analogous to PERL's.

Does anyone know how to substitute a blank for %20 in vbscript?  Does
anyone know another fix?

Thanks.

Bob Pasicznyuk

---
Bob Pasicznyuk, Systems Analyst
Pikes Peak Library District
Email: bpasiczn at ppld.org
Web: http://www.du.edu/~rpasiczn
***"I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's" -- William
Blake