[WEB4LIB] FinTimes fulltext goes bye-bye from DJ-I

Nick Arnett listbot at mccmedia.com
Wed Sep 30 16:32:04 EDT 1998

At 01:30 PM 9/30/98 -0700, Librarian wrote:
>Apologies if this has already been covered in this mailing list:
>

>If you search Dow Jones Interactive using either the proprietary software
>or the web version, please be aware that after Sept.30,1998, the
><italic>Financial Times</italic> will no longer provide full-text
>articles. I just received this information TODAY -- through snail-mail,
>no less! -- but the full text is still available today.

My former employer, Verity, announced a while back that it is supplying FT
with a full-text search system that can handle all of their documents (an
astoundingly large number).  Perhaps they're pulling back from DJ and
others because they are bringing their own system on-line, but I'm not sure.

Nick