[WEB4LIB] Re: Help with Web page sizing...

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Sep 22 10:58:26 EDT 1998

> Or, you can "fool" the browser by specifying the height and width tags for
> the images to something less than their actual size so that they "fit" but
> I'll probably get a slap on the wrist for suggesting that!

Consider this you slap...

To my students I call this the sillyputty(tm) effect.  By doing this, not
only will you get more distortion of the image than if you resize them in a
graphics package but you won't reduce the file size this way and you'll just
be wasting bandwidth.

           Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
       Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
            Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
                www.bcr.org/~msauers
           The WWW Library Directory is @
           www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
 "Sacrificing anonymity may be the next generation's
    price for keeping precious liberty, as prior
    generations paid it in blood." -- Hal Hornby
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.