[WEB4LIB] Help with Web page sizing...

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Sep 22 10:40:23 EDT 1998

Alicia,

Your graphics are too big to fit into the 640 area.

Taking a row across, they are:

216
320
208
=
744 pixels wide == users must scroll.

You can try reducing image sizes to get within 600 pixels -- that's the
defined table width.  I would shrink the school photo first -- so you
only have to do one -- and see if you can make it fit.

Or, you can "fool" the browser by specifying the height and width tags for
the images to something less than their actual size so that they "fit" but
I'll probably get a slap on the wrist for suggesting that!

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI