[WEB4LIB] TIFF ==> GIF converter programs for batch processing?

Richard L. Goerwitz III richard at goon.stg.brown.edu
Wed Sep 16 19:33:35 EDT 1998

> I am looking at packages that can convert TIFF format images into GIF
> and/or JPEGs...  This second point has led me to explore various packages
> like FU-script with GIMP and NetPBM.  Sure, and ImageMagick, too.

What are your constraints.  Depending on what you want, you could, e.g.,
automatically sweep a directory on an FTP server for TIFF files and con-
vert them to GIF and JPEG.  Or you could write a CGI script to do the same
thing over the Web (the front end could be a simple form that does file
upload).