TIFF ==> GIF converter programs for batch processing?

Gregory Coleman coleman at library.ucsf.edu
Wed Sep 16 17:06:41 EDT 1998

greetings:

I am looking at packages that can convert TIFF format images into GIF
and/or JPEGs.  The defining aspects of any package are that it be free (or
something off-the-shelf [ie. under $100.00] ); and should be able to
handle batch processing.

This second point has led me to explore various packages like FU-script
with GIMP, and NetPBM.  I already consider Debabalizer a candidate too for
the macros one can write. I'd like to hear from folks that have done
automated conversions using freeware, esp. where it's from TIFF.

thanks!

gleeco

G r e g o r y   C o l e m a n
The Library & Center for Knowledge Management
University of California, San Francisco