[WEB4LIB] Webmasters s/b librarians (was Communication between Librarian &

Kirsten Tozer tozerk at tahoma.cwu.edu
Wed Sep 16 13:51:26 EDT 1998

Your points about hiring a librarian with technical background or a techie
with no library background are well taken.  At our library, we have a
systems department head who falls into the first category and a support
person of the second (who by the way makes more than me and my MLS, but
that's another story).  I realize that our situation has two bodies, but
given a fairly extensive LAN (around 100 staff and public machines), it's
justified.

Kirsten Tozer
Washington State Documents Technician
Central Washington University Library
Ellensburg, WA  98926
509/963-1023
tozerk at tahoma.cwu.edu

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

                - Albert Einstein