Communication between Librarian & Webmaster?

Schug, Diane, CON, OASD(HA)/TMA Diane.Schug at tma.osd.mil
Wed Sep 16 12:04:22 EDT 1998

> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Wilfred Drew wrote:
>
> > I would almost bet that most webmasters for libraries are also
> librarians.
> > If not, they should be.
> > My 2/100ths of a dollar.
I agree with this statement 100%.

As for John's comment:
> Maybe the talk should be more along the lines of how to teach librarians
> to talk to folks like me. :)
>
> -- john f.
I found that just plain old 'talking' is the best way for librarians to
learn
how to communicate with the techies.  Being polite and asking intelligent
questions demonstrate that you care about what they do. Also, finding
out how to gather the right information to speed up their time in the
library shows an understanding that their time is valuable too.

Diane Schug-O'Neill, MSLS

Work Phone:    (703) 575-0272
Work Fax:        (703) 575-0316
W) diane.schug at tma.osd.mil