(Fwd) W3Launch with Windows 95

Dale E. Goodell goodeld at wou.edu
Mon Sep 14 18:28:11 EDT 1998

I'm having difficulty getting W3Launch to work properly in
Communicator 4.05 running under Windows 95B.  I'm trying to get it to
launch Anzio Lite (v11.4) telnet to connect to remote library
catalogs.

If I click on a link to a remote site from our home page, W3Launch
attempts to launch, but brings up a configuration screen prompting me
for the information contained in the sample W3Launch files I've
included below.  This screen allows me to manually open the W3Launch
.W3L file.  Once I have opened the file, W3Launch will launch Anzio
and connect to the remote site.

My setup and configuration details follow.

W3Launch.exe, 81KB, 7/5/94 -- is there a later version?

CCRLS.W3L file: (I want to connect to the CCRLS library catalog)
[software]
Title=CCRLS
Group=anzio
System=MS-DOS
Originator=
MajorVersion=0
MinorVersion=0
RejectOlder=No
RejectNewer=No

Anzio Group File (ANZIO.LST):
[software]
count=1
Title1=CCRLS
Originator1=
MajorVersion1=-1
MinorVersion1=-1
Command1=c:\anzio\anzio32r.exe %1 ccrls.def
Path1=c:\anzio

Communicator setup:

Edit --> Preferences --> Applications:
W3L file
  Extension: w3l
  MIME type: application/x-w3launch
  Handled by: w3launch
  Applicaion: c:\w3launch\w3launch.exe

I had no problems getting this setup to work under Navigator 3.0x and
Windows for Workgroups 3.11.  I'm simply trying to migrate these
things over to Windows 95.  I'm convinced that my problem lies with
W3Launch rather than Anzio.

How have others on this list solved this problem?

Thank you very much, in advance, for your help.

Dale E. Goodell
User Support Analyst
Western Oregon University Library
Monmouth, OR 97361