Number/Percentage of Web-Only E-Journals

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Sep 14 13:16:20 EDT 1998

       _Number/Percentage of Web-only E-Journals_

    For a Think Piece on the application of Intelligent Software
Agents for Identifying, Organizing and Managing E-Serials,
I am interested in learning about the number of _Web-Only_
E-journals that are currently available. By Web-only e-journals,
I mean networked journals that do *not* have a parallel print
counterpart.

    [I am aware of the **excellent** review article by Steve
Hitchcock, Les A. Carr and Wendy Hall published in _Serials_
(10(3), (Nov.1997): 285-299 entitled "Web Journals Publishing:
A UK Perspective" Also available at URL:
http://www.mmrg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/publications/archive/hitchcock1997/
that offers a fine historical review and analysis of Web journal
publishing. [It is well-worth The Read!]

    While I would prefer an overall number/percentage, data on specific
fields (e.g., Science, Technology, and/or Medicine (STM)) would also
be of interest.

    Those interested in becoming better acquainted with Intelligent
Software Agents may wish to wish my clearinghouse _LibraryAgents(sm)_
that provides links to major Agent resource sites. _LibraryAgents(sm) is
available at:

       http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Agents.htm

    As Always, Any and All Contributions, Queries, Questions, Concerns,
Critiques, Comments, etc. are most well.

    Joy!

Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
and
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/

  	"The Best Way to Predict the Future is To Invent It!"
				Alan Kay