REQUEST: Library/Media Center Mergers

Irene Upshur online1 at erols.com
Sat Sep 19 06:23:50 EDT 1998

I am interested in locating profound, quantitative research regarding
the merger of the university library and the university media or A/V
center.

Historically, the A/V center in the basement was more or less an adjunct
to the library upstairs. It seems that by sheer evolution, these two
entities want to become one.  In terms of staffing, equipment, skill and
mindset differences, the evolution is not elegant.

I would greatly appreciate access to research on this topic as well as
any non-anecdotal information.

Thanks for considering this request.
Irene Upshur
Marymount University