Info on Web databases

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Sep 4 14:01:20 EDT 1998

Web4Libbers who are involved or thinking about putting databases on the
Web may be interested in taking a look at some of these resources:

* <http://www.ahref.com/guides/technology/199806/0622piou.html> - Web
Databases, Parts 1 and 2, an informative series of articles.

* <http://www.ahref.com/index/catlisting.html?cat_id=36> - Their index
page with links to some good resources on the Web database topic.

* <http://www.ahref.com/> - The home page for the preceding items,
pretty interesting site. "Anchor is a "community space for web
developers," a site devoted to the professional needs of the web
development community. Our goal is to provide the
information, interaction, and insight that developers need
to stay ahead in a fast-moving field."

<http://www.osl.state.or.us/ep/webdbs.html> - "Turbocharge your Website:
Cheap & Easy Web database apps!", my draft of an article which appeared
in "Library Software Review," covering the approaches and choices for
putting your databases on the Web in early 1998. Lots of URL links to
application vendors.

Thought these might be of help.

Cheers,
-ernest