[WEB4LIB] IKiosk Security Lapse

John Burke burkejo at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:33:53 EST 1998

Jeff,

To disable the Task Manager, enter the following line in your system.ini file:

(under the [boot] section)
taskman.exe=

This will solve the problem you describe.  We also use IKIOSK and
implemented this after someone mentioned it on a list (likely this one).

John

John J. Burke, MSLS  |  Systems/Public Services Librarian
University of Cincinnati - Raymond Walters College Library
E-mail: john.burke at uc.edu  |  I Corinthians 1:25
		Web: http://www.rwc.uc.edu/burke/