Web Navigation book

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 27 14:16:31 EST 1998

At the risk of appearing to be a shil for O'Reilly & Associates, I must
nonetheless urge all Web managers within the sound of my email to run out
and buy "Web Navigation: Designing the User Experience" by Jennifer
Fleming. I am reviewing it for Current Cites, and I think it's great. It's
chock full of good information, advice, examples, diagrams, screen shots
(both in full-color and black-and-white), and links. "Web Navigation"
makes a great companion work to another book I've urged Web managers to
buy recently, "Information Architecture for the World Wide Web" (also from
O'Reilly).

My vested interest in this matter is that the Web navigation systems on
most sites (including ones I manage) suck. It's clear we need help, and
luckily help has arrived. The unfortunate thing is that we now have one
less excuse for the sorry state of our Web servers.
Roy