[WEB4LIB] Re: Thought about metasearch engines

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Mon Oct 26 23:03:40 EST 1998

At 5:16 PM 1998/10/24, Kevin S. Clarke wrote:
>That would explain the
>ads in Sherlock; the individual search engines have made an agreement to allow
>their results to be used as long as the megasearch engine (in this case
>Sherlock) includes a way for them to make the money they need to keep their
>site up and running.

But the end user can edit the plug-in file to edit them out

See <http://www.Apple.com/sherlock/plugindev.html>

all you need to do is remove the two "banner" tags.

Tony

   mailto:tonyb at netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
  mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
      Phone +61 2 6241 7659         |     AUSTRALIA