Help needed ID'ing database product

Shirl Kennedy sdk at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 26 19:51:12 EST 1998

For a large scale project I'm about to undertake, I need a robust database
product capable of handling large volumes of text -- mostly in the form of
downloads from the Web and from e-mail.  My database of choice for
text-based projects has always been AskSam (http://www.asksam.com/), but the
techie at this particular client's location has recommended something called
LaserLink Fiche, which he says is more robust.  I don't even know if I've
spelled this thing right; did a few Web searches and turned up nothing.

Does this product ring a bell with anyone on this list?  The only other
thing I know about it is that it is supposed to have a strong scanner/OCR
import capability.

Unless anyone else expresses an interest, please reply to me directly rather
than cluttering the list.

Shirl Kennedy
Internet Waves columnist
Information Today