http://www.ohiolink.edu/~tdowling/netscape_dies.html

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Oct 26 15:36:29 EST 1998

> Tom,
>
> I took a look at your problem page.  It also fails for me with Netscape
> 4.04 (the version I still am running on my NT box), so I debugged with
> that version.  By binary search I narrowed it down to one property:
>
> DIV.outer	{	border: solid thin #666; }

Do you have the time and energy to run one more thing through your
debugger?  I copied http://www.ohiolink.edu/~tdowling/netscape_dies.html
to http://www.ohiolink.edu/~tdowling/netscape_lives.html and changed...

...to...

padding: 4px">

These are logically equivalent, but I have no problems displaying the
second version.  Does it display correctly for you?

It's hard enough to incorporate CSS without Netscape actually getting
*worse*!  And their announcement that 5.0 would come out without NGLayout
is starting to look very ominous.

Thomas