[WEB4LIB] Libraries hosting people's web pages

Bill Feidt wfeidt at nal.usda.gov
Mon Oct 26 12:28:11 EST 1998

That's a very interesting idea. In their role as proponents of public
knowledge, what more logical extension than promoting and
supporting, perhaps even housing, "community" information sources?
The old "think globally, act locally" bit. Libraries working in conjunction
with patrons to create new, readily accessible knowledge makes
a lot of sense, in concept anyway. The work at Schenectady Public
recently posted about offers a very good example of  the kinds of
things that could be accomplished.

Bill Feidt
AgNIC
wfeidt at nal.usda.gov