[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 4.5 problem - help with diagnosis?

Walter W. Giesbrecht walterg at yorku.ca
Mon Oct 26 10:25:16 EST 1998

Isabel Danforth wrote:

> That page just killed my Netscape 4.06 browser.

But it looked fine in NS 4.07 (32-bit, on Windows NT 4.0). I have
experienced a problem similar to the one described by Thomas
Dowling; a page on our campus website <http://www.yorku.ca/help/>
will (or did, the last time I checked) crash my copy of NS 4.07
every time, but doesn't affect MSIE 4.01 at all. The culprit
seems to be the style sheet, as I can remove the reference to the
style sheet and load the page easily. What's going on here?

Walter W. Giesbrecht                             walterg at yorku.ca
Data Librarian                           (416)736-2100 ext. 77551
York University Libraries                                113Y SSB
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA   M3J 1P3