[WEB4LIB] Citrix Winframe - how can I lock down Netscape

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Thu Oct 22 14:40:07 EDT 1998

Dawn,

I'm sorry to hear Cooler didn't work because I'd been thinking of trying it
on WinFrame too.

However, all hope is not lost.  You can disable DNS on the WinFrame server
and use the HOSTS file for name resolution.  Only those sites that you enter
HOSTS file will be found when the system attempts to match an IP address to
a host name.

Here's a more detailed explanation from the archive. The NT/WinFrame details
are quoted at the bottom.

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/9712/0334.html

Mark Ellis
Network Support Analyst	           (604) 231-6410
Richmond Public Library            mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Richmond, British Columbia	     http://www.rpl.richmond.bc.ca