Citrix Winframe - how can I lock down Netscape

Dawn Kovacs d-kovacs at mail.wheaton.lib.il.us
Thu Oct 22 08:38:52 EDT 1998

Hello,
We offer our patrons dial-access to our CD-ROM and online databases
via a Citrix WinFrame server (version 1.7).  I wonder if anyone has a
suggestion on what I can use to lock down Netscape (or MSIE) to
prevent patrons from using us as their ISP.  (I want to lock
preferences, bookmarks, open a location, etc.)

Citrix WinFrame runs its own version of Windows NT 3.1.  To lock
programs on our library workstations (Win95) we use Winselect, but
Winselect doesn't work with Windows NT.  I installed the demo
version of Cooler which says it works with NT, but because I
can't right-click I can't protect any of the menu items.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can find "lock down"
software that works with Windows NT 3.1?  I haven't made the online
databases available via dial-access yet and since our databases seem
to be more online than CD-ROM I'm expecting to hear complaints
because many of them aren't available.

Thanks for your help!

Dawn Kovacs
Head of Technical Services