[WEB4LIB] Re: New From Filtering Facts

Byron C. Mayes bcmayes at hunter.cuny.edu
Mon Oct 19 12:58:34 EDT 1998

At 08:13 AM 10/19/98 -0700, Matt Wilcox wrote:

[snip]
  Sure he can be sensationalistic with stories the ratio of
>individual's internet use to the necessity for restroom mopping, but so can
>the ALA and ACLU with stories of how the very fabric of our freedom is at
>risk because Jane Doe Public Library (Somewhere, USA) put a filter on its
>machines in the children's library.

<sigh> Wouldn't it be nice if someone could present their side *without*
the sensationalism?

Byron
 (Filtering out the Spice Girls)

Prof. Byron C. Mayes
Systems Librarian/Assistant Professor, Hunter College of the City
University of
New York
695 Park Avenue * New York, New York 10021
bcmayes at hunter.cuny.edu  * 212-772-4168 * Fax: 212-772-5113
Listowner, BLACK-IP, Black Information Professionals' Network