[WEB4LIB] New From Filtering Facts

Matt Wilcox matthew.wilcox at yale.edu
Mon Oct 19 10:55:34 EDT 1998

Ah yes, but try the search in HotBot:

1.  LiveTeen Young Girls. - Teen girls.
2.  THE GANGBANG GIRL SERIES
3.  The Spice Girls at Lost in Spice
4.  THE GANGBANG GIRL SERIES
5.  Nasty Bitch - live Girl preview Screen Shot 3!!!
6.  Dr Comics & Mr Games-ANIME L
7.  THE GANGBANG GIRL SERIES
8.  SurferGirl Magazine
9.  THE GANGBANG GIRL SERIES
10. Mirror: (http://www.nice-tits.nu/gangbang2.htm)

I count 7 out of 10--not counting the Spice Girls site regardless of how it
might offend those that hate them :).  (And I am not suggesting that we all
chime in with a report on every search engine.)

I vote keep the filtering facts guy and his periodic reports.  I get to
read about a side that I don't always hear  about.  All sides is always
better than a party line.  I just can't get fired up about someone sending
out information about the other side of an issue that has direct bearing on
what libraries do.  If nothing else you all that can't stand him get a
chance to see how the other side thinks--something always good if you want
to combat them.  Sure he can be sensationalistic with stories the ratio of
individual's internet use to the necessity for restroom mopping, but so can
the ALA and ACLU with stories of how the very fabric of our freedom is at
risk because Jane Doe Public Library (Somewhere, USA) put a filter on its
machines in the children's library.

--Matt Wilcox

At 02:18 AM 10/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I typed the simple word "girl" and below are listed the descriptions of the
>first few web sites that the Inference Find search site found.  I didn't
>realize I needed to be on guard against the Girl Scouts.
>
>Central New York Girl Scout Council
>Chesapeake Bay Girl Scout Council
>Girl Scout Council of Buffalo and Erie County
>Girl Scouts - - Tierra del Oro Girl Scout Council, Inc. Sacr...
>Lenni-Lenape Girl Scout Council
>Michigan Metro Girl Scout Council
>Sangre de Cristo Girl Scout Council - Santa Fe New Mexico...
>Girl Scouts
>Girl Scout Troop 324's HOME PAGE
>girl scouts - San Diego - Girl Scouting - volunteers - girl ...
>Girl Scouts of the United States of America
>Girl Scouts: The Real Story

Matt Wilcox, Reference Librarian, Webmaster
matthew.wilcox at yale.edu  |  http://info.med.yale.edu/library/
Yale University,  Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
333 Cedar Street,  P.O. Box 208014,  New Haven, CT  06520-8014
203 735 2163 - voice  |  203 785 4369 - fax