User Authentication for Remote Users

Greg D. Schmitz schmitz at AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG
Wed Oct 14 15:26:34 EDT 1998

Web4Lib subscribers,

This year our library is adding several database subscriptions, and we
want our library patrons to be able to access these products from home.
In a recent thread on user authentication, several people did mention
IAC, which we currently do have a remote system for.  However, I didn't
see any discussion about the following products or companies:

Dun and Bradstreet's Million Dollar Database

Wilson's Current Biography

EBSCO's Facts on File

Gale products

UMI's business products

If other libraries have been able to set these products up for their
patrons for remote use, and can tell me how the user authentication was
done, any help is great appreciated.

Greg Dean Schmitz

--
Greg D. Schmitz                         | email:
schmitz at winnefox.org
Reference Librarian                     | Phone:        (920) 236-5205
Oshkosh Public Library                  | Alt. Phone:   (920) 236-5204
Oshkosh, WI 54901                       | Fax:          (920) 236-5227
http://axp.winnefox.org/www/