Erratic loading problem

Jane Ratner jratner at wilsun.willard.lib.mi.us
Wed Oct 14 15:49:30 EDT 1998

Dear colleagues, please help!  :-)

We are using Netscape's Fasttrack server software on our SUN Solaris web
server.  Mostly Fasttrack works very well, but we have had sporadic problems
with individual pages loading at client request -- always the same 3 or 4
pages, and no discernable pattern to whether they'll load or not.  We
think we are creating and publishing these pages using the same methods that
we use for other pages that load every time, yet frequently the problem
pages have to be either opened in UNIX (using the vi editor) and re-saved,
or re-ftp'd to the directory in order to kick them into responding again
to client requests for display.

I can't determine any pattern to which pages will behave in that manner.
All are in the saved in the same directory with working pages, created with
the same program (Netscape Composer 4.0), and don't incorporate any special
bells or whistles.

What am I missing here?  Have any of you had this happen?  I have the
feeling that I'm overlooking something obvious.

Any help you can offer will be deeply appreciated!

Jane Ratner
Willard Public Library
Battle Creek, Michigan