[WEB4LIB] Re: E-mail in libraries

Lin Light holight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
Wed Oct 14 11:04:30 EDT 1998

Why should the library be in the phone service business?  I have to say.  That
since the Internet has raised so many interesting questions, we have heard less
issue regarding the image of the librarian.  Again.  Where does it all end?  Is
the library to be responsible for addressing all social issues?  And if so, what
resources will become available to fund these endeavors?
And what should we do, if a patron whats to watch the World Series?  Should we
provide a large screen tv with snacks and loungers chairs for all?  Or what
about sound systems for home or in the library?   You talk about recreational
reading.  How about recreational equipment.  Ski? Skates?
Lin.

--
Lin Light
Head of