[WEB4LIB] ScanDisk / Windows 95

Kevin Stevens kstevens at pratt.edu
Tue Oct 6 13:29:15 EDT 1998

Dale,

We are using the Autoscan flag as you describe on our Win95 B public
workstations, and it works as advertised.  Here is a dump of the [options]
section from one of our machines:

[Options]
BootKeys=0
BootWarn=0
BootGUI=1
BootMulti=0
Network=1
Autoscan=0

Strange that it's not working on your workstations.  I'm sure you know this,
but just in case: MSDOS.SYS is by default marked read-only.  You must remove
the DOS read-only flag on the file before saving changes, then (optional but
recommended) reset it to read-only afterward.

Good luck!

Kevin Stevens
Computing Systems Mgr.
Pratt Institute Libraries