[WEB4LIB] Conference software

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Thu Oct 1 16:52:34 EDT 1998

I've been teaching through Diversity University MOO http://www.du.org:8888
Click on the Web Interface option.  Its Java based and not even the Library
Channel browser has problems with it 8).  Not only can you save a log and
e-mail it to all participants but you can make it a Web link for later
browsing as well.  Plus you get really good learner control features like
tables where they have to hold up there hands to talk so you can keep the
lecture/discussion focussed without as much bother as standard chat where
everyone can talk regardless.  I'd be happy to meet with you online and
show it to you.  DU is a non-profit corporation which provides free access
for all non-profit educational or educationally related organizations. (I'm
a for profit so I donate 7.5% of my tuition gross)
Cordially,
Diane

>Hello.
>
>Can anyone recommend a web-based, or other variety, of conferencing
>software that will allow the administrator to save the entire log of the
>conference to be republished to the 'net post conference?
>
>Thank you,
>Cynthia Hetherington, Technology Librarian
>Englewood Public Library, NJ

Diane K. Kovacs                                	| http://www.kovacs.com
Kovacs Consulting -                          	| fax: (330)225-0083
Specializing in Instructor-Led			| phone: (330)273-5032
Web-Based Training
http://www.kovacs.com/online.html
 _The Internet Trainer's Total Solution Guide_
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471288322/002-1693589-5325203
_Cybrarians Guide to Successful Internet Programs and Services_
http://www.neal-schuman.com
(forthcoming summer 1998) _Health and Medicine on the Internet_
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1882208277/002-2591380-2197814
Editor-Directory of Scholarly and Professional E-Conferences
http://www.n2h2.com/KOVACS or http://www.arl.org