New From Filtering Facts

Filtering Facts burt at northwest.com
Fri Oct 16 20:54:08 EDT 1998

Plaintiff's Opposition to the Demurrer in Livermore
"The City is maintaining a computer system which allures children to its
keyboard and, upon the typing of a word as simple as "girl" and clicking
thrice, will call up obscenities of the vilest persuasion. The law presumes
that such images are harmful children. While Plaintiff would ask for an
opportunity to amend the first cause of action as specified."
http://www.filteringfacts.org/liv-dem.htm

ACLU Hypocrisy On Library Internet Policies
"The ACLU has said they find "tap on the shoulder" policies "more
unconstitutional than filtering" -- yet they recently endorsed such
policies as an "alternative to mandatory blocking software ".
http://www.filteringfacts.org/acluhypo.htm

Filtering Facts Reports on the ALA Conference
Pro-filtering and pro-family voices go unheard once again at the
American Library Association annual conference in D.C.
http://www.filteringfacts.org/alaconf.htm

Memo by Bruce Taylor to Congress on C.O.P.A.
"It is the legal opinion of the attorneys of the National Law Center for
Children and Families that H.R. 3783 is a fair, valid, and effective law
enforcement measure for Congress to enact and that the Child Online
Protection Act is constitutional and would be upheld by the Supreme Court."
http://www.filteringfacts.org/nlc4.htm

New, more shocking incidents from the Ft. Vancouver (WA) Library:
"After several prior incidents of sperm being found by staff in the
restroom on the floor after a particular set of brothers have been using
the internet, I approached one of the patrons, asked him to my office
and told him that we had seen a pattern of sperm and his internet use.
After examining his hands for an extended period of time, I said that
ejaculation was an inappropriate activity in the library. "
http://www.filteringfacts.org/ftvan2.htm

David Burt	President, Filtering Facts
Website: 	http://www.filteringfacts.org
E-Mail:  	David_Burt at filteringfacts.org