[WEB4LIB] Re: Paint Shop Pro Transparent Images

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Sun Oct 11 20:32:59 EDT 1998

There are many people on the WEB4LIB list that are much more familiar with PSPs
capabilities than I.  And through private mailings, believe me when I state that
I have been now educated on the principles of PSPs transparent feature ( I
think).  The color you choose  is replaced with (for all practical purposes) by
a transparent color.  So now when you choose that color it will not be seen in
the browser (with few exceptions as far as browsers go).

Thomas

> On 10/8/98, at 4:40 PM, TMGB  wrote:
>
> >It loooks like all that paintshop does is give you a one color background
> >simulate transparent backgrounds which is okay if you have a solid color
> >background already on your WEB page.  But, on our page we use a watermark
> which
> >can be seen under the menu text using Photoshop or Photoline with a true
> >transparent background.
> >
> >mtcw
> >Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine