Pointer records

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 9 16:21:21 EST 1998

Here are the problems I had pointed out about using a pointer record
containing the metadata for a PDF file.

1.  Older versions of viewers do not support the Refresh META tag.

2.  Some browsers allow the user to disable the Refresh command.

3.  This disables the Back button on most browsers.  I find this very
aggravating and so must assume others do as well.  The 1st 2 objections
we could have worked around or lived with, not the 3rd.

I guess we must wait for Adobe to expand the use of tags in the header
of PDF files and the search engines to begin indexing them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov