Ikiosk Security Lapse

jpapier jpapier at infolink.org
Mon Nov 2 13:54:52 EST 1998

Chers Collegues:

Thanks to those of you who responded with a solution to the taskmanager
availability problem in IKiosk.  Hypertec itself responded to my inquiry
promptly, and reminded me that this subject had been broached on Web4Lib
some 3 months ago.  Where was I?  I shoulda looked in the archives
(maybe now I'll mutter that about others' postings less quickly!)

Of all the suggestions, the one which I found easiest was to enter
"taskman.exe = " in sys.ini under the [boot] section.  Works.

As for system pol editor, I'd used it a number of years ago, and just
didn't feel like hauling it out again.

Thanks Again,
JP

--