Using Linux with Squid and IPFWADM

Josh Kuperman sar_kuper at sals.edu
Mon Nov 30 09:33:09 EST 1998

I am curious if anyone has done any of the following:

1. Installed Squid as a proxy server for Linux to
   block sites that provide:
   a. chat
   b. mail
   c. gaming

   from some machines and not others. I have managed
   to install Squid in testing mode, but I'm a little
   at sea about the configuration file.

2. Allow different services from different machines.
   For example allow only ports 23 and 80 to be used
   for connections on some and only port 80 on others.

3. Found a reliable way to keep track of what sites
   offer interactive services as in 1 above.

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper at sals.edu   49 Henry St