[WEB4LIB] Pop-Up Windows crusher addendum

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Thu Nov 5 17:05:01 EST 1998

>"PopUp Killer kills those annoying pop-up browser windows that seem to
>become more and more common on the Web every day.
>Tired of Geocities ads and other "Pop-Up" type advertisements? If you use
>Navigator or Internet Explorer as your web browser, PopUp Killer can detect
>and close those little buggers before you even notice them."
>
>http://xfx.net/Programs/utilities/popupkiller/index.html

I gave it a try, it worked fairly well, you see the geocities pop-up window
pop up only briefly, like a flash, and then it's gone.  I went to some of
my sites that have pop-up windows that the user controls by clicking on the
link to get more info, and they would pop up fine, but one site I'm working
on the pop-up killer kills the user controlled pop-ups.  I clicked on the
link to read more about "error messages" and the window pops up and then
before I can read it, shuts down that window immediately.  Haven't found
out why it prevents some user controlled pop-up windows but allows others.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian
   Louisiana Tech University