Program Association Problem - Quick Response Needed!

Bart Gierson bgierson at gpc.peachnet.edu
Thu Nov 5 14:33:35 EST 1998

Colleagues,

While creating a new Telent program association in Windows Explorer,
I accidentily must have but in ".exe" as the file extension to be
associated with, and now whever I try to launch *any* program, it
opens the Telnet program. (I was associating a Telent program
with the URL:TelnetProtocol - which I now realize was not what
 should have been doing, but that's another posting....)

I read about an easy fix to this probem, maybe in PC Magazine,
PC World, or possible on this ListServ - but can't remember where?
I searched Web4Lib Archives but couldn't find anything. Maybe something
to do with bringing up an .ini file and deleting something so that all
file associations return to their default??

A quick response is appreciated - and please respond to me directly.

THANKS!

My face is red with embarrassment....

Bart

--
Bart Gierson, Systems Librarian
Gwinnett University System Center Library
mailto:bgierson at gpc.peachnet.edu