[WEB4LIB] Misuse of Online ILL Forms?

Charlotte G. Greenhalgh cgreenhalgh at antiochne.edu
Tue Nov 24 14:14:51 EST 1998

kirwin at wittenberg.EDU writes:

>Our library (at a small liberal-arts college) is considering putting our
>ILL forms on the web, but we aren't sure what degree of security to
>implement. Does anyone have ILL forms that are NOT password/ID/etc
>protected? Do they get misused (the ILL equivalent incorrigible
>sophomores having an extra-anchovy pizza sent to the provosts office)?
>
>I'm inclined to include some degree of security, but given the headache

Here at Antioch we have our ILL forms open and have not run into any
trouble yet.  But our students are all graduate students and  presumably
left their incorrigiblity behind.  We do have trouble with them getting
the information input correctly - ie. full citation with pages, etc.

We have an open access reference service and that I am going to move
behind a security screen because we get a fair number of
non-student/staff/fac requests.

Many thanks,
Charlotte

Charlotte Greenhalgh
Systems Librarian
Antioch New England Graduate School Library
40 Avon Street    Keene, NH  03431     603 367 3122 x330
cgreenhalgh at antiochne.edu

"In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This
is the law, ancient and in exhaustible."  -Buddha,  from the Dhammapada.