[WEB4LIB] Lexis/Nexis via distance?

P.A. Gantt pgantt at icx.net
Thu Nov 19 05:59:40 EST 1998

Do any of you offer Lexis/Nexis for distance education
students? This came up on the ADA Law list.

The hitch seems to be that disabled who take distance
only and do not come to campus cannot get N/L because
it requires physical presence at a dedicated workstation.
The students are taking the course at the CC level but
depend upon uni. level library for Nexis/Lexis.

I hope I have delineated the inquiry clearly as
per what I read.

Thoughts I can pass back to the inquirer?

P.A.

The following sort of goes with the above. I will
check out this resource.

How do each of you handle distance ed? Especially as
it applies to database access or passworded areas
of your library digital sources?

--
P.A. Gantt, Computer Science Technology Instructor
http://user.icx.net/~pgantt/etech/