[WEB4LIB] Netscape Navigator Stand-Alone

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Nov 11 14:31:22 EST 1998

With the arguable exception of smart browsing, I wasn't aware of any
features that 4.5 adds to the browser, so I don't see a lot of incentive
for Netscape to get a 4.5 standalone out the door.  They seem to be
concentrating on getting a 5.0 beta out the door by the end of the year,
and I think a lot of people would say that's where their emphasis should
rightly lie.

As for standalone IE...the browser and its associated mail component are
different programs.  Don't install (or unsinstall) Outlook Express and you
have IE standalone.  Or am I missing something?

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu