Need Perl assistance to append input fields from 1 page to another

lpreston at ncdc.noaa.gov lpreston at ncdc.noaa.gov
Wed Nov 4 15:43:01 EST 1998

I just realized that I made an error in my last message--left off copy of
htm file--another error put the wrong htm file in (can you believe that?):
I'm so sorry--no one will want to communicate with me if I don't get this
question down right.

 I have an form htm and its cgi file which should work with our UNIX system
here except that I need Perl commands to dump input into another web page
and to send to group email.

(See attached file: Bib_form.htm)(See attached file: Bib_form.cgi)

I received the instructions that I need to carry out, but i need someone to
give me the exact words and where to add them in my file for this
particular task.

"I need 1 program? (commands?) to add to my bib_form.cgi
It will take input from fields of above htm file and add (append) to a file
(local-access only)
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/local/library/bib93-yr.htm#current"

(I expect to actually clean up the above citations only once a year when
all pages are updated)

"I need 2nd program? (commands?) to render page of above
bib93-yr.htm#current.  Reads the file and displays in html."

I know that, in addition, I need to assign a group of email addresses so
input dumps to automatic emails (group address BIBLIOGRAPHY) well as dumped
into web page.

Please respond directly.  Thank you:

Linda D. Preston, Librarian
National Climatic Data Center
Federal Building--Library
151 Patton Avenue, Room 400
Asheville,  NC  28801-5001

IP address: 205.167.24.113
Domain address: LPRESTON at NCDC.NOAA.GOV
(T) 828-271-4677
(F) 828-271-4328

Thanks.  You folks are the greatest to help.  Linda