Virtual Communities and their management

RUMBAUGH Christopher D RUMBAUGH_Christopher_D at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Wed Nov 4 09:34:29 EST 1998

I'm working on a graduate school paper on Virtual Communities and their
management, with implications for libraries.

I'm particularly interested in doing a sort of "country study" in this regard
related to Finland.  I have located information and done some exploration of
"Virtual Helsinki" and their attempt to merge many online aspects (photo
archive, ecommerce, etc.) into this city wide virtual community.  Also I've
seen a bit on work in the Oulu area as well.

Any sources of info/research of this kind would be of interest, particularly
from non library science literature.

I'd be happy to forward my findings to the list when I'm finished (if anyone
cares!)

TIA
Christopher D. Rumbaugh
Oregon State Library