B&N--Northern Light partnership

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Tue Nov 3 07:33:34 EST 1998

I note in the 11/2/98 issue of Library Hotline that Barnes & Noble and
Northern Light have announced a partnership to provide "one-stop" access to
each other's products on their websites. Hmmm...a unified interface that can
search for books, articles, websites, and commercial databases; and which
offers book reviews, reader recommendations, author interviews, and a
personalized interface. And eBooks.
Our library, on the other hand, supports the latest Java-based WebPAC from
our  IOLS vendor that offers: searching of MARC-mapped indexes that
brings up labeled, textual cataloging information of our physical
collection, framed
by attractive windows with nice graphical buttons!
It doesn't take a weatherman...
Jerry Kuntz
Ramapo Catskill Library System
jkuntz at rcls.org