Help Desk Software Solutions

Gregory Coleman coleman at library.ucsf.edu
Thu Nov 19 00:19:30 EST 1998

I don't know if Stonekeep's rather nascent version number is of note
[current download is 0_40_03 ] to those looking for a simple solution.

For a full-on listing of helpdesk packages, take a look at:
http://www.philverghis.com/helpdeskfaq.html
...which is pretty well maintained.

One simple solution that I'd recommend for a small-ish environment is the
Jitterbug system [ http://samba.anu.edu.au/jitterbug/ ] which can be set
up to do regular help desk things.  This is a GNU-GPL licensed system and
is web based and configurable.

Another system that might be of interest is Footprints
[ http://www.unipress.com/footprints/ ] which is a pretty complete package
that is web based and does not require any additional DB in the backend.
This package costs $ but has a free trial copy for your perusal.

good luck,
gleeco