Beautiful Streamer: Streaming Video for Visual Browsing

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat May 30 13:13:03 EDT 1998

Beautiful Streamer:
         Streaming Video for Visual Browsing

    Over the past several weeks, I have discovered through mention in various listservs, increasing use of Streaming Video for a variety applications. In considering the growing adoption of this technology for extended conventional applications, it has occured to me that Streaming Videos also holds great potential for Information Visualization applications for enhanced Visual Browsing in Web and non-Web databases.

   I am greatly interested in learning of any and all
current or planned applications of Video Streaming for Information Visualization in projects similar (or different) than those profiled in my clearinghouse devoted to Information Visualization called _The Big Picture_. The address for _The Big Picture_ is:

 http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/BigPic.htm

  My hope is to update _The Big Picture_ with these and other InfoViz profile by the end of this summer.

  As always, Any and All contributions, citations, contacts, questions, critiques, comments, or queries
are Most Welcome!

   Joy!

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/

   "I Stream of Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair"
           With Apologies to Stephen Foster